Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Great 2008!




Nov. 2008 -
after the Musical Minds Patriotic Performance. "Let Brotherly Love Continue"



Oct. 2008 -
Cars at Disney on Ice and Richie's scarecrow dress-up day with Drew.











Bedhead Boys!!!!!


Richie's first sentence that he ever wrote was about Wall-e. It says, "What color are Wall-e's eye balls?" Then he gives the answer which is "red" as shown in the picture that he drew.








Drew's first grade class went on a fieldtrip to the Atlanta Zoo. I was able to go as a chaperone of him and the two little ladies (also called monkeys) in the picture below.


















Aug. 2008 - Drew and Richie's first day of school picture with our principal, Mrs. Gaff.





July 2008 - Fun at Nana and Pops'
The boys loved swimming and fishing with Pops.







































Well, I am sad to say that I have not posted anything in a whole year! 2008 kept the J Crew on the move. I hope you enjoyed all the pictures (above). I didn't have the pictures saved when I created the posts. I'll get better on the next ones that I do. Here's what has happened from the most recent to back in February 2008...

February 2009
Drew sang a song at the Program Challenge (gifted/talented group) Talent Night. I found the words to the song Germs from Dottie Rambo's cantata "Down By The Creek Bank". The boys love that song. I tried to get the soundtrack in time, but was unable to do so. He sang it acapella and did a GREAT JOB (if I do say so myself)! We worked out some motions for him to do to help him remember all the words. The audience especially loved the line "and he often falls asleep when the sermon is too long".

January 2009
Richie was named the Pre-K "Cougar of the Month" for January. He was so excited! This meant that he was being a good student and was rewarded by getting to eat a special lunch. All the "cougars" got to choose what they wanted for lunch from Sonic. Richie chose a corndog with french fries and ketchup. They all got to eat their lunch on the stage in the commons area where everyone could see them. "Mr. Smiley" (as we call him) was on cloud nine.

December 2008
Nana and Pops gave us a MARVELOUS Christmas present. They came to visit us here in Georgia! We were able to bring in the New Year by celebrating with some fireworks that Pops got the boys. It was so cold out that we did our fireworks (poppers and sparklers) on the covered and fenced in patio. It helped to block some of the breeze, but was still quite cold. The boys didn't mind, though. They wanted to go set some more fireworks!

Aunt Neva, Uncle David, and "Brett-boy" came to visit us the weekend of our church's Christmas program. I love having our family near enough to come see us. Mom says that I have Aunt Neva in me on the note of wanting "the more the merrier" at my home at once. That's fine with me. I had to stay up in Iowa away from any family for long enough. I just wish that we could see everyone more often.

The boys thought that Brett was the best! It is hard to picture him as someone's husband much less a daddy! But, he is going to do a great job at both of those roles. The boys cried when Neva, David-John, and Brett left. Since their visit...One morning Drew's nose was itching and I told him that they say "when your nose itches, that means someone is coming to visit you." I asked him who he would like to come visit us. Richie jumped in and said he'd like for Nana and Pops to come. Drew said he'd like for Uncle Brett, Aunt Neva, and Uncle David to come back so they could have some more fun.

November 2008
We were able to go to Nana and Pops for Thanksgiving. ;-) The boys LOVE seeing Nana and Pops as well as getting to play with their cousins, aunts, and uncles. This year was a bit crazy. A stomach virus went through the family, mostly mine. The worst of it was when Pops got sick, too. We ended our trip with having to take him to the hospital for pneumonia. While there, he had trouble with his heart keeping rhythm. He was going to have a big procedure to get it back in rhythm but the then Master Physician stepped in. The doctors said that it must have fixed itself, but we know the truth. Praise the Lord!!!

October 2008
Richie turned 5!!! He was so excited because he's one of the "bigger kids" in his class. "Mr. Smiley" loved getting to have a chocolate birthday cake (even if it was gluten-free and dairy-free). We went to Disney on Ice and saw Cars, The Lion King, Little Mermaid , and Tinkerbell's Fairy Story. The boys were mezmerized by cars actually being on the ice. It was really fun :-)

August 2008
School started!!! This year is Richie's first year to get to come to school and Drew is a big first grader. I love having both the boys with me at school. It is both a blessing and a challenge, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Drew has had a spectacular start. We feel it is attributed to the gluten-free, dairy-free, and dye-free meal plan as well as maturity. Whatever it is from, I praise the Lord for him and what the Lord is doing in his life. Richie is shining as his little"social-butterfly" self. Miss Nina is happy with his ability level and is letting him read the titles of the books to the class. I thank the Lord for the boys being able to have one-on-one instruction at "Grandma's Boot Camp" (that's what Judy calls it). It has made a HUGE difference in both the boys' schooling. God is good.

Summer 2008
The boys and I were able to go to Louisiana for a couple of weeks after I finished teaching summer school. Drew and Richie were eating it up. They LOVE having time with Nana and Pops. Nana had to be away at work during the week, but thank goodness for the weekends. I got to work with Nana on church music which makes me "bubbly". Pops took the boys fishing, let them ride on his lawn tractor, and got them a swimming pool. I loved sitting back and watching them all interact. Toward the end of our trip we were elated to get to spend time with Shelby, Tamara, and their kiddos. Talk about some busy times at the Bolt house! Five boys and one little girl made us all stay on our toes. Mike was able to bring a bus to Alexandria so that he could come to Mom and Dad's and then drive the boys and I back home. Praise the Lord! I know that I will cherish those times forever.

Spring 2008
Our Spring Break was perfectly placed to coincide with the weekend of Easter. Mike surprised me by us being able to go to Louisiana. Shelby and Tam and their fams were able to make it for Easter. The weather was great. We helped Mom with the church's egg hunt. I brought the Resurrection Eggs and Benjamin's Box by Family Life to tell the Easter story in a child friendly way. It seemed to go over well (to God be the glory). The kiddos had a blast during the egg hunt. Smiles were all around. ;-)

February 2008
Last February, my wallet and camera were stolen out of my purse while it was in the choir room at church. The man and women who were guilty were found and arrested. I had $60 in cash in my wallet and didn't expect to get anything back. But suprisingly so, I was sent three different checks totaling the $60 that was taken AND the police called me to see if the camera that they found hocked by the lady at a pawn shop was mine. IT WAS!!! All of my pictures that were in the camera were gone (Christmas 2007 and more), but atleast I got my camera back. God is good all the time , and all the time God is good.

No comments: